Night Shifts: How to Rearrange Your Sleep Schedule with the Help of Sleeping Eye Masks
Are you dissatisfied with your sleeping patterns? Did you recently move to a new job that will require you to shift your sleep schedule? While it may be difficult, sometimes life circumstances demand that we rearrange our sleeping habits to better fit our everyday obligations.
From using sleeping eye masks to eating a healthy breakfast, there are several things you can do to help ease into your new sleep schedule. If you’re looking to switch up your sleeping patterns, follow some of these healthy tips that will allow you to transition without a hitch.
- Limit your caffeine intake. If there’s one thing that can interrupt a healthy sleep schedule, it’s too much caffeine. If you’re trying to swap around your sleep schedule, the last thing you want to do is add anything into your body that will further throw off a decent night of shut-eye.
- Omit or shorten naptime. While naptime can be a great addition to your daily routine, it can cause problems when you’re trying to rearrange your sleep schedule. Limiting naptime may make you feel a bit more tired, but this extra bit of exhaustion will help you fall into your new sleeping patterns with ease.
- Relax before bedtime. When it comes to moving into your new sleep schedule, be sure to give yourself ample time to wind down before bedtime. Avoid watching the TV, reading from backlit electronic devices, or using a laptop computer. The light from these devices tends to interfere with the production of melatonin, and can cause your brain to indulge in more mental activity when it should be winding down. Try reading a book, meditating, or listening to music, which are more likely to help you fall into a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. If your new schedule requires you to wake up earlier than normal, you may experience some difficulty adjusting to the earlier rise. A great way to deal with your new morning ritual is to add in a healthy breakfast. By treating yourself to a nutritious meal, you greet the day with energy and enthusiasm.
- Stick to your sleep schedule. Once you start implementing your new sleeping pattern, do not stray away from the schedule. If you’ve dramatically changed your schedule, it may take some time for your body to get adjusted to the new regimen. While it may be tempting to resort back to old habits, stick to your sleeping habits.
- Consider sleep-inducing tools. Certain items, like special pillows and sleeping eye masks, can be extremely beneficial to an individual trying to change his or her sleep patterns. By adding a sleeping eye mask into your life, you create a calm environment that will assist your new sleep schedule.
If you’re interested in swapping your sleep schedule, consider these tips, as well as the sleeping eye mask from nodpod. This sleeping eye mask encourages the release of serotonin and melatonin, two necessary chemicals in providing a night of solid shut-eye. The eye masks also do a great job in blocking light, so if your sleep schedule has you on the graveyard shift, you’ll still be able to rest in complete comfort. In addition, the masks contour to any face. For more information, visit our website here.
Getting enough sleep is paramount. If you’re swapping up your sleep schedule, make sure that you take these tips into consideration.